As a member of the Twin Cities Human Resource Association (TCHRA), you are part of one of the largest Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) chapters in the nation. With a mission that seeks to connect and engage members on a variety of professional and personal development levels, your TCHRA membership and involvement is an invaluable way to help stay current in your career, help advance your career and at the same time, the Human Resources profession.
TCHRA is dedicated to providing essential resources that are needed for you to stay in the forefront of the HR profession. Additionally, we focus on increasing the HR competencies of our members as well as provide great networking opportunities. Our purpose is:
- To promote high standards of competence among members and contribute to their development in a manner which will enhance their effectiveness as a human resources professionals.
- To influence and enhance member-employing organizations through the effective utilization of human resources.
- To educate, inform members, students the public and legislators regarding important human resource issues.
Whether you are looking for advice, new ideas, or even a new job, opportunities available through TCHRA are abundant. By joining TCHRA, you will have demonstrated your commitment to your own career development and the HR profession.
TCHRA Membership Benefit Summary
- Discounted seminars and workshops on a myriad of topics touching the world of Human Resources
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) credit hours for attending our programs
- Discounted PHR/SPHR certification prep course offered twice a year; with the added benefit of 30 HRCI Credits for the course!
- Opportunity to expand your leadership skills and competence through volunteering
- Discounted SHRM Membership for new SHRM members
- Awareness of non-TCHRA sponsored HR events happening in the Twin Cities
- Complimentary seminars for TCHRA students or TCHRA members in transition
- Complimentary one-time TCHRA membership renewal if in transition at time of renewal
- Connection to the largest network in the Twin Cities with over a thousand HR professionals at your fingers
- Networking events allowing you to learn and share best practices, discuss hot HR issues, make employment contacts, etc.
- Periodic complimentary networking events held throughout the year
- Complimentary member orientation workshop that provides an overview of the TCHRA organization, as well as helps you immediately build your professional network
- Access to our online member directory of HR professionals with the ability to search for experts willing to share their knowledge on key HR topics
- Ability to join our growing TCHRA LinkedIn networking group
HR News and Information
- Twice monthly TCHRA HR Newsbreak, an e-bulletin with announcements of upcoming TCHRA events and news
- Bi-monthly TCHRA News & Views e-newsletter
- HR Voice e-Newsflashes when there are urgent, hot topics hitting the many legislative fronts at the state and federal level
- Access to the TCHRA membership directory
- Advertising and sponsorship opportunities for your company
- Discounted HR job postings on the TCHRA Job Posting Board
Volunteer Service and Leadership Opportunities
- Diverse volunteer opportunities on committees and projects, allowing you to broaden your experience, skills and knowledge of yourself and the HR profession
- Volunteer orientation giving you a deeper look into how TCHRA runs
- Ability to stretch your leadership abilities and lead a project or a team
- Recognition for volunteer service; including the possibility of a Volunteer of the Year award and/or Volunteer Spotlight
- Complimentary TCHRA membership if you are a current SHRM Student member
- Networking opportunities galore; potentially leading to an internship or job
- Scholarship opportunities
- Access to speakers for classes or student organization meetings
- Access to HR Professionals across the Twin Cities
- Special complimentary or low-cost student events
- Special transition rates from a student member to a professional member within 90 days of graduation
How to Become a TCHRA Member
Complete the TCHRA membership application by clicking here.
NOTE for SHRM Members: If you are a current SHRM member, please ensure you indicate this on your application and enter TCHRA Chapter Code as 006 as your designated chapter.
If you would like to receive information on how to become a national SHRM member, please click here. NOTE: If you are a member of TCHRA, you may be eligible for a discount on your first time application for SHRM membership.
More Information and/or Questions?